58 yo Aussie Just woke up to a poem

Hi folks. I am a 58 yo Aussie, I am probably on the tough side you could say. I waited my entire life for Linkin Park, I have always loved music but always felt a big hole within, until LP rocked my world for the music I not only needed but the music I had been waiting for.
I struggle day to day since Chester’s Passing as no doubt all of you do, today for some reason when I woke up, I jumped on the computer and wrote a poem.
I am a bit of the keep my feelings to myself sort of a bloke and do my own thing, but reading the poem, I realized that I didn’t write it from me, but rather from all of us who share the love of Linkin Park and Chester, I don’t know anything about poetry and apart from a few rude ditty’s have never really read it, so I’m guessing its basic, but I wanted to share it with you all cheers. Merv Williams

From deep within

A voice does break

Notes seldom heard

Sure make you Quake

Harmony through Octave

And octave again

Lyrics from Mike

With his magic pen

Grey Daze to Linkin

It was from his soul

He was like no other

Number one his goal

The voice of an angel

With plentiful gruff

None we could vision

Him doing it tough

If only we could see

Our broken Chester

Hiding behind Charlie

Who was but a Jester

Fans by the millions

The Linkin Park flock

Would be by his side

It be our turn to rock

We miss you Chaz

Forever with tears

The love you shared

Is in our heart

The music our ears.

154241_464078354827_4524446_n (1)

10 Likes

Heyyy there “old but gold” buddy!

Great poem and nice to meet you! :handshake:

2 Likes

You too man thanks

1 Like

Hey Merv!
Thanks for sharing your poem with us! Poetry oughta be basic and raw to reach the audience and you do so very well!
Though I tend to mess around here quite a lot, I’m the same in keeping the good stuff close to the vest haha so can def understand the importance of you opening up and sharing something personal like this poem with us so thanks once again!
You’re definitely one of the older guys in here so I’m curious when you came around to hearing LP? Curious in the sense that a lot of us here are in our 20s and 30s and so heard them as kids to begin with-you were prolly in your prime when they were eh?! Haha

I just mentioned an Aussie from the forum here in a game thread haha nice to see another one drop in! There’s quite a few people from New Zealand but we realized in that game thread that we were running short on you guys! Haha so most definitely welcome! Feel free to join us in other areas as well, there’s always something for everyone in here

I’m Francisco :slightly_smiling_face: :call_me_hand:

Oh ps! Watch out with @turexidrosa! She most def has a thing for tough stallion-esque dudes like us eh lol

1 Like

Ahhh fransiscooooo :horse_racing:

Hahahaha as long as you do those muscles dancing, senior stallion! :rofl:

2 Likes

I have jukeboxes in pubs and party hire, I first heard of hybrid theory through a mate that had travelled to the USA and brought some music back, I freaked out at the sound and lyrics, then along came one step closer and honestly it was like all frustrations from over the years had not only gone, but also explained.
The music was absolute crap that was around at the time, in my opinion, apart from Marilyn, Limp Bzkit, Godsmack and a few others, also earlier times of the Beatles, but they were way too light to get me to break out. Chester Bennington and Mike Shinoda are without doubt the true John and Paul.
Combined with the most ridiculous Idea of combining rap with rock with outrages scratched record sounds plus from Joe, Like who does this hahaha
Not one song is the same unlike almost every other band, the uniqueness is 2nd to none and you can see in the eyes of Rob, Brad and Dave true passion and belief in LP.
People my age sometimes say to me “Thats not Music” as they play there crappy Kiss records or every song sounds exactly the same “Metalica” CDs, they just wanna live in the dark ages, when everything was grey.
LP have got me up down around and back, happy , Sad, Glad and just plain eeeeha lets do this, without them I’m flat.
Apart from all that I’m, also one who often thought hmmm I should become an adult one day, but also thought na f#@k that, thats for the grown ups hahahaha.
Why do you ask hahaha

As for your comments about turexidrosa! " I’ll be your huckleberry :slight_smile:
Great meeting you all xo

4 Likes

Your life experience with LP was great man!
But heyy those bands you mentioned there are classiicc! Those bands are def my thing! :star_struck: they are the reason why these current bands exist! :love_you_gesture:

Niceeee huckleberry our Aussie mate! :grin:

1 Like

Yes they are classics and what I bopped too throughout the ages, I probably was more comparing them to LP, and my ear candy. But that was then, this is chapter 4 (to quote Scooter) hahha.

Haha i believe you did! :star_struck::metal:t3:

Haha enjoy your time here man! :pray:t2:

1 Like

Thanks, its good to be here.

:exploding_head: haven’t heard in a minute! I know what I’ll be listening to tomorrow :exploding_head: hahaha

Yeah man, def feel this too
Always say I can branch out and listen to the weirdest stuff but when life comes at you, you go back home to what soothes your soul at your core-lp :partying_face:

:rofl: oh I like this guy :joy:

Not sure :thinking: :joy: let’s call it seeking wisdom :joy: nah idk I mean, when a band is important to someone there’s plenty of story behind it, the different points of view are extremely interesting
I’ve said before that the fact that as you said they were crazy enough to mesh different genres together created the perfect storm for people from extremely varying paths of life to come check them out and grow to love them and to expand ones musical taste
You’ve got the metal dudes who were reinvigorated by it, the hip hop/rap bros who had that jay-z :flushed: :thinking: :astonished: look lol then the alt vibes from mtm, edm from the next few, just yeah
They might’ve pissed off people by trying different stuff, by selling out in some people’s eyes when in reality they were just expanding and quite honestly doing whatever the hell they felt like that day lol

2 Likes

This is not exactly the kind of picture that i wanted to see :face_vomiting:

Haha me too!

2 Likes

Hey, welcome to the LPU Merv! I like the title of the thread :joy: On a more serious note, lovely poem. Hope you’ll have a nice time here

1 Like

Awesome poem and a lovely tribute to Chester :heart:

1 Like

Thanks heaps I feel very welcomed from all :slight_smile: so far that is haha

2 Likes

Thanks Zanybelle

1 Like

Hahahaha you 2 crack me up :slight_smile: good to see I’m not the only fruit loop :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just like they say “stayyyy yoouuungggggg” :laughing:

1 Like

Welcome on forums :grin: enjoy your time here :sunny:

1 Like

Welcome @merv513motoxcoach !! Nice to meet you and nice poem! :smile: :sun_with_face:

1 Like