30 Seconds to Mars - LOVE LUST FAITH+DREAMS - How is the album?

I am a huge fan of 30 Seconds to Mars and I really liked their new album “LOVE LUST FAITH+DREAMS” ! I hope you too might have liked it. My favorite songs are UP in the Air, The Race, Pyres of Varanasi and The Birth :slight_smile:

What’s your review on their album ? and Your favorite songs.

In my country it was very badly received, but most of the songs I like.

Birth - Very nice introduction growing in strength. 8/10
Conquistador - I don’t like this song. It reminds me of the song with some “anime” or something like that. 5/10
Up In The Air - Best single. Very catchy. I love the electronic beat and the great bridge. 8/10
City Of Angels - The best song on the album. I love this type of ballad. Great lyrics, catchy verses and the chorus is great. 9/10
The Race - Very average song. Best of all is the chorus. 7/10
End Of All Days - The second song on the “City Of Angels”. I love it, great :stuck_out_tongue: 9/10
Pyres Of Varanasi - Interesting instrumental. 5/10
Bright Lights - The improving mood song. Very cool xD 9/10
Do or Die - I love it. I don’t know what to write xD 8/10
Convergence - I haven’t heard …
Northern Lights - The verses mean, but the chorus cool. 7/10
Depuis Le Debut - Strange. Like a medley of a few songs. 5/10

[quote=kubussek]In my country it was very badly received, but most of the songs I like.

Birth - Very nice introduction growing in strength. 8/10
Conquistador - I don’t like this song. It reminds me of the song with some “anime” or something like that. 5/10
Up In The Air - Best single. Very catchy. I love the electronic beat and the great bridge. 8/10
City Of Angels - The best song on the album. I love this type of ballad. Great lyrics, catchy verses and the chorus is great. 9/10
The Race - Very average song. Best of all is the chorus. 7/10
End Of All Days - The second song on the “City Of Angels”. I love it, great :stuck_out_tongue: 9/10
Pyres Of Varanasi - Interesting instrumental. 5/10
Bright Lights - The improving mood song. Very cool xD 9/10
Do or Die - I love it. I don’t know what to write xD 8/10
Convergence - I haven’t heard …
Northern Lights - The verses mean, but the chorus cool. 7/10
Depuis Le Debut - Strange. Like a medley of a few songs. 5/10

[/quote]

Oh that’s surprising to know ! People might need sometime to love these songs :wink:

And the ratings you showed are perfect I think. Songs like Conquistador and Depuis Le Debut are not my favorite. “Pyres of Varanasi” has Indian classical vocal in it with the instrumental from the band, it is new so some people might not like it.
But overall the songs are fresh and a nice album from the band :slight_smile:

I heard last Days the new Song “Up in the air” in a Radio, and i must say i like it, good Musik.

I still need to have a listen. Wasn’t too sure of Up In The Air when I first heard it but its slowly growing on me

I’ve only listened to it twice, so I’m still figuring out where it ranks for me. Conquistador, Up in the Air, City of Angels and Northern Lights are my favorites so far.

Well I’ve only heard Up in the air (and that bit of Birth at the end of the video), the race and conquistador. Up in the air is addictive. Maybe coz i’m a drummer but bloody hell, that thing makes me go nuts! Conquistador is interesting, and I like the feel of Birth. But the race wasn’t amazing for me. Still have to get the album somewhere but I’m quite sure it’ll be epic!

I like there older stuff better!

Same here. I need to invest more time on this. The Birth as well!

I simply love it. Up in the Air → City of Angels totally hooked me.

Im a huge fan to … But Beautiful Lie still being my favorite album …
This new album … Like the other from 30stm is revolutionary … Every single song transmit to me different feelings … Jared’s voice is something magical … Very touching …

I am a huge fan of 30STM and the last album is very catchy. After I bought LOVE LUST FAITH + DREAMS album, by the way in the same day I attend a signing session and live concert of 30 Seconds To Mars in Czech republic, I listened it everyday TWICE or more! I have never heard any other CD so often. It’s like a new drug for me - absolutely love this album. Up in the Air is very catchy dance song, Do or die makes me to hope and believe and End of all days makes me everytime crying. Those three are my favorite songs and the rest is sure pretty perfection. I am so happy, that I could hear the new album live, that was amazing experince. ღ

I absolutly love the album :slight_smile:
My favorite songs are: City of Angels, Do or Die, End of All Days (especially live :stuck_out_tongue: )

I love 30STM’s! Besides Linkin Park they are my favoite band! So you could see that I sure as hell wasn’t missing this tour for anything! Even if I have to drive 6hrs to attend, that’s ok! I do agree A Beautiful Lie got me hooked, then This Is War, after that I had to go back to their 1st album and it was awesome! This one took me a bit to hook on but once I did I fell in love again. The whole band is so talented, and its not an Oscar winner and his brother playing in a band. this is a very well defined rock band who has made their niche in a certain fandom and its not for everyone but the ones who understand and get it are very passionate about it. Just like LP Soldiers are!!! We love our boys and are passionate about their music and artistic freedooms and risks! And I am proud to be a part of both families!

I love 30 Seconds to Mars! They’re the first band I ever really got into. Although I must admit, I’m not crazy about this album. The problem I have with it is the excessive use of electronics. I really don’t like electronics in music because of how artificial it is, and I believe that real instruments project a better quality of sound and deliver the song’s message more. I understand that bands evolve their sound and I don’t mind the concept of this album. I just really can’t stand all those electronic sounds. It’s too much! Regardless of this album, I keep loving this band because I love all their past music and they’re just such great people. On the bright side, Jared’s voice still sounds as amazing as ever. As for music I own all of their previous albums, the Unplugged EP and half of this album, specifically Conquistador, Up in the Air, The Race, City of Angels, End of All Days, and Do or Die. My favorite song out of these is Conquistador.

I am a fan of both LP and 30 so this tour is just a dream come true. The one thing I love about 30 is that their albums are never the same, Some like this some hate it. To each is own.

Birth… I love this especially when its played at the opening of the set. Not sure if I am allowed to post youtube vids here but this one is just the shit (until the chick tries to follow Jared and doesnt stay with Shannon) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0qsD08nMeM
I am a huge Shannon fan so I especialy love it. We can see who in the family has the rhythm. HAH.

Conquistador. Its just so old school 30 goes back to their first album almost and love that Jared plays a lot of the guitar on this. Reminds me of Jared coming out playing Battle of One and breaking all the guitar strings. This has a lyric video with it. Its really cool lots of computer stuff except that tornado was the actual one that hit Oklahoma a few years back

Up in the Air: Not sure if you all know this but it was launched into space to the space station which is just cool in itself really. There are 2 videos for this one, The lyric video and then the regular video. Both are terrific.

City of Angels well I dont know if you have seen the video for this but anyone who has dreamed of going to CA or lives in CA should see it. I for one think its so good and when Jared sings “I am home” it just raises the hair on your arms. It really could be geared to your own home but I love the video. This also has a Lyric Video.

The Race: It took awhile for me to catch on to this particular song. But I love the Lyric video again. Perhaps the people who find these songs hard to grasp should watch the vids. I am becoming a huge fan of the Lyric videos.

End of All Days I just well OMG its go emotional. Jared wrote it on the road a long time ago when he was so sick and thought he was dying. We are hoping this will be their next single. But its such a great song especially live.

Pyres of Varanasi is a song that was written in India so its sounds so if it sounds middle eastern it is. The guys voice at the beginning was some guy they heard on the street “chanting”

Bright Lights is one that is part of their new sound it isnt played when they are not playing a full set but its such a great song to hear live. The 3 of them play all together right up front and if Jared can get Shannon to sing (yes Shannon sings wonderfully) its awesome. This has a Lyric video as well.

Convergence was written by Shannon, he is always dabbling with different instruments. People who have heard the album This is War may be familiar with L490. That two was written by Shannon (who said he dog ate the words).

Do or Die is like a sequel to Closer to the Edge totally for the fans with the camera towards the fans. If you watch the video the first guy interviewed actually played it at his dads funeral. As Closer to the Edge was filmed in the US, Do or Die was filmed primarily in Europe over the summer.

Northern Lights. just another great song. They just started playing this in concert. We are hoping for a video of this either Lyric or real.

Depuis le Debut I have no idea where this song came from but this song use to be played when the acrobats and Cir wheel came out (kinda a break and a chance for who knows where Jared would end up in the audience). But he felt it took away from the show so no more.

Hope all of this helps. I hope all of you come visit us on VyRT. :slight_smile:

the worst album of that band ever…