20th - Super Deluxe

The Super Deluxe Box Set:

• aka the “Super Expensive” box set
  • large focus on vinyl, not a good option for folks such as myself who don’t collect vinyl
  • contains too much already-owned content (Hybrid Theory, Reanimation)
  • I guess I’ve moved past the stage where I’m interested in posters, lithos, or small items such as replica tour laminates, etc.
  • and yet it’s the only place to get the 3 items I really want, the book, and both exclusive CDs, the B-Side Rarities and the Forgotten Demos

B-Side Disc:

• Super sad that it doesn’t include the 1 B-Side I LOVE that I’ve been waiting forever to be on a disc rather than just an MP3 download, “Not Alone” (although I realize that this 20th is focused specifically on Hybrid Theory)

Digital Download option:

• doesn’t specify if the downloads are lossless FLAC/WAV. Are they?

DVDs:

• I really wish that Linkin Park had a Blu-ray release of music videos and concert footage. DVDs, in the year 2020?

Please reconsider the available options. I’ve been a Linkin Park fan since Hybrid Theory, and I really want to keep supporting the band and the music, but I just can’t afford the Box Set, so I’m pretty disappointed.

5 Likes

This bundle easily costs £200-£250, getting it at such a lower price is remarkable. I actually can’t believe they did that.

Content wise, you can get just the cd bundle. Maybe in the future the rest of the items will be available individually but unfortunately this is how the industry works, you get the good stuff in the deluxe bundles.

3 Likes

Maybe I don’t understand it right, but I bought the big box bundle for 119,79£ at amazon.co.uk. ‘Only missing’ are the B-rarities as a vinyl. :sweat_smile:

Love everything about the Super Deluxe bundle. Just wish they would have included the B-Side Rarities Vinyl and the Hybrid Theory CD bundle in with the Super Deluxe. It makes good business sense why they wouldn’t. Now people need to buy all 3 sets if they want the full package…

I only care for the CDs and those I really want. I wish it was a CD package. It feels bad to pay a lot for vinyls to put in a drawer… hmmm, tough situation…

1 Like

I’m just saying that the price is quite cheap for what they’re offering in the bundle. Something like this would normally cost more.

That’s not how vinyls work…

1 Like

I know… that’s why it should be a CD package option…:unamused:

1 Like

I don’t think you do. Vinyls are meant to be played and not stored away. They’re pieces of pure art that provide the ultimate sound quality (with a proper speaker set up of course) and are timeless. CDs are not.

2 Likes

Of course I do. When I was young and without family you could be selfish without shame an put up some high class speakers and having vinyls everywhere. Time changes… priorities changes but new music is great…

Nobody should stop you from enjoying things you love. I understand it is an expensive hobby but jeez, anyone should be allowed/able to listen to their music in peace.

5 Likes

I already bought it,

I never owned any official merch due to lack of availability in my country and no funds, but now i can, so i got the whole thing. I am Happy :slight_smile:

7 Likes

First : Thank you for beeing here again after 3 years!
Second: glad to hear you’re happy! :heart:
I wanna to buy it to on the Dutch Large site, it was out of stock very soon, and now I’m sad. Can’t buy it, only on the LP store, but that it’s 25€ expensive then the Dutch Large shop. Large need to buy more boxsets :yum:

1 Like

hi there, you should wait bc the deluxe box will be in stock again like LPlive said :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

For now, the deuluxe box set is (almost) sold out in europe, canada and asian continent (lp live)

:heart:

thank you again for this answer dear, I think exactly the same way :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

enjoy it - you deserve it! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart:

4 Likes

Thank you solider, I actually a fan since Meteora days )), i used lurk like crazy on LP CHAT back in the days. :smiley:

and Yes, you can wait for a while, they might restock them. :slight_smile: Hope you get it

1 Like

@evooba lol i know your name, its been a while, you used to come a lot on LP Chat. )) Those were the days hhe

1 Like

When this was announced, I noticed the US Warner Store could not handle the traffic and the store basically crashed. I then learned that the pre-order was made available on Amazon where I placed my order. Looks like Warner has really enhanced their store now with the added ability to write a note to the band. Hope there is no difference in how the orders are handled between Warner and Amazon…we’ll see

It took me 5 hours to checkout my order on the LP.Warnerstore. Whole site got slow and was crashing again and again due to sick amount of traffic, but I managed to finally checkout the limited bundle. lel Worth it.

Hi! Yes, I used to lurk in there quite a lot, wish it was still like that but oh well… good times! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I ordered the Super Deluxe Box Set just for the Photo Book, the box they come with and the Forgotten Demos. To me, those are worth the price of admission.

In regards to the comment about why Linkin Park isn’t releasing their music videos and concert footage on Blu-ray: It all depends on how everything was shot. If Standard Definition camcorders/cameras were used to capture everything, upres’ing the footage wouldn’t net much benefit. If everything was shot with film, there’s a possibility for some great High Def Blu-ray action. Considering Hybrid Theory and much of their music videos were released in 2000, I doubt they had the budget/funds for high definition cameras at that time.

1 Like

Hi, I also order today, but thanks god I saw it was available on amazon, cuz this morning it was out of stock on linkinpark.com, I hope the box is hard enough to support all the heavy stuff inside, with the ATS deluxe the two times I did bought it came in a very bad condition.