Work In Progress: Making my first EP

Its sent @rickvanmeijel . 2 emails…

Lol.

3 Likes

Thanks for the emails!

1 Like

add my singing and turn it on. You will pray for a gazillion of nuclear bombs falling in your ears

Now I actually wanna hear that, you guys should record it lol

3 Likes

No…you don’t :joy: :joy: :joy:

3 Likes

September 27 2017: Nice groove

7 Likes

Reminds me of Wish by NIN.

Hey you’re actually right, didn’t realise that :sweat_smile:

Edit: @the_termin8r I also noticed that both songs have the same tempo (135 BPM)! That’s probaby why you thought about Wish

1 Like

I got the notifs of that from yt. I will check later…rn its early morning 5:00 here…will check later :slightly_smiling_face:

Wow, this thread becomes really nice, I right now catched up with it :see_no_evil: And it’s grest progress!! :sunny: I just love the idea of creating music together, this is such a great way of uniting energy floods, awesome. I am very curious about the result. And it’s so feelable that you are very into your music a lot these days, @rickvanmeijel the sound is like a flowing wave of energy :blush: and a big progress in it since I started to follow you on sc ( already years ago lol :joy:)

2 Likes

Probably not the right time to blast this video haha.

@theearlywalker thanks for saying that. I hope that I indeed have become better by now :smile:

1 Like

Just found this thread and really love what I heard so far, you’re really talented, @rickvanmeijel :blush: you just got a new fan! amazing work!

1 Like

Thank you so much, I really appreciate your comments and support!! (That goes for all of you btw :smile:)

3 Likes

Loool its 5:00 again. Actually mt morning shift break… up since 3:30. But yeah i saw the video in yt and G+. It was nice :clap::clap: :+1:

I saw your comment on yt :slight_smile:

Wow you’re starting pretty early

Yeah its just like you got to fight some bad days to earn some best days… and my wallpaper just helps a bit :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

What wallpaper do you have?

Its this

2 Likes

October 7 2017: More lyrics
It’s been at least two months since I started this project, can’t believe it. Sadly I didn’t make a lot of progress this week due to schoolwork, but I did write some lyrics again. Some lines are old, some have been rewritten and some are a bit simple. Yet I feel like I’ve captured a nice ‘atmosphere’, if you will. No idea if I’m actually going to use these lyrics, since I already have 6 songs that I want to put on the EP. Nonetheless, these are heavily influenced by personal experiences, so they mean a lot to me. I hope you like it.

‘’What’s Holding You Back’’

(Verse)
You think there’s nothing I can do
And there’s nothing you can be
All I want is to release you
From fear and set you free

(Chorus)
What’s holding you back?
What’s keeping you down?

(Verse)
I can’t reach you anymore
It seems that tides have turned
But I keep knocking on your door
I’ll probably never learn

(Chorus)
What’s holding you back?
What’s keeping you down?

(Bridge)
I keep asking you
You keep staring back
What’s holding you back?
I keep asking you
And you keep staring back
What’s keeping you down?

(Pre-chorus)
Keep knocking on your door
I’ll probably never learn

(Chorus)
What’s holding you back?
(Just tell me)
What’s keeping you down?
(Just tell me)

BTW: I’m still open to receiving your audio clips. For more info, read this previous update (click on the link): Work In Progress: Making my first EP - #44 by rickvanmeijel

7 Likes

I like the theme of the lyrics
I think the chorus just needs a bit more to give the song a break from each verse

1 Like