Work In Progress: Making my first EP

It’s a joke I started years ago in the LPU. It was around the time LIVING THINGS came out, and I renamed it LITTLE THONGS. LEMON PIE is also the same initials as Linkin Park lol. Its a conspiracy I tells ya :p.

But yeah, take your time man, focus on you and I will be open for whenever you are. Also awaiting your EP :smiley:

Hahaha why though?

Why not? Lol.

I just came up with it during those times because I tried to be funny in a way :p, I’m just a weird, random person at times. But can be pretty quiet also. Just liked giving a good vibe back in those days xD

1 Like

Yes!!! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::smiley::joy::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: Nice name!!

1 Like

Wow Rick that site is awesome! looks great

1 Like

March 9 2018: Wood (demo) + poll
Here we are, a first proper look into my upcoming EP. I’m really excited to share this!

This early version of Wood dates back to August 12 2017. I had been working on the EP for about a month and this track was one of the first to shape up quickly: it already had a structure, melodies and various layers. I’m very satisfied with how this track has progressed over time and you’ll be able to hear that when the EP comes out. It doesn’t really represent the sound of the entire project though, because the other songs are not as experimental.

As ‘’Wood’’ obviously is a working title, I want the final version to have a more fitting name. In order to decide what fits best, I’m asking you guys to vote below for your favorite names! (You can vote for two names max)

• ‘‘Woods’’
  • ‘‘Abandoned Roots’’
  • ‘‘Buried Roots’’
  • ‘‘Ending Cycles’’

0 voters

6 Likes

Thanks for voting guys! If anyone still wants to vote as well, you have until next Sunday (the 18th)

4 Likes

I’ll come and vote on 17th!!!

2 Likes

Why not now? You had the time to post so why not click 2 buttons? :stuck_out_tongue:

I had to listen to them again :zipper_mouth_face:
Uf! Woods and abandoned roots…

1 Like

So based on the poll, it’s a tie between ‘‘Abandoned Roots’’ and ‘‘Buried Roots’’. Gotta admit these two were my favorites from the start, so I’m glad they ended up at the top :smile:

With Honey voting for ‘‘Abandoned Roots’’, she broke the tie! ‘‘Abandoned Roots’’ is the final name :tada:

5 Likes

April 12 2018: Finishing touches
Good news! Writing, mixing and mastering is all done. That means the music is finished and ready to invade your ears. Right now I’m putting the finishing touches on the EP package and artwork and I’m planning the release schedule. Here’s a sneak peek into the final tracklist:

EP%20tracklist

Most tracks have new names because the working titles didn’t fit anymore. The Keys is now called ‘’The Spark’’, Ascension has become ‘’Fighting the Storms’’ and thanks to your votes, Wood’s final name is ‘’Abandoned Roots’’. ‘’Milky Way’’ and ‘’Anything’’ have kept their working titles. Sadly the demo Bananas didn’t make the cut, because the EP makes more sense to me without it. I’m saving it for a separate release.

An announcement will be here soon :wink:

7 Likes

Yaaaayy!! :tada: :tada: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :sun_with_face: great news!!! :tada: :sun_with_face: wishing you good luck for the release!! :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

I’m so happy!!! I can’t wait to hear the final versions. :smile:

Thank you for your nice words! :blush:

2 Likes

Oh this is so great! I can’t wait to hear it! So happy for you!

1 Like

Thanks AJ :blush:

You’ve all been so supportive over these months, it’s gonna feel great to share it with you :tada::tada:

4 Likes

Awwww!! :heart_eyes: so happy to read / hear your uploads! :blush: :sun_with_face: you’ll become a great musician! :muscle: :sun_with_face:

1 Like

Can’t wait to hear it!

1 Like

Catched up here rn, so it’s a five songs ep? And it’s a very big step on your way, to now finally share the result of your personal artistic way. And I am so curious about how they will sound in a row and how the final mixing sounds like :star_struck:, any idea when we get it to hear? And, I am curious ( as you know me already :stuck_out_tongue:) : Do you already have a title for it?

2 Likes