What is you biggest regret in life

that’s my regret too @the_termin8r
@buta

Making ig and fb accounts? :stuck_out_tongue:

Pretty heavy thread right here, but I like the honesty and discussions that are going on.

My biggest regret is being afraid to be myself around people.

3 Likes

My biggest regret is falling in love with my best friend and not telling him how I feel and pushing him away when he felt the same way

If the feelings were there, don’t let him get away :slight_smile: if love is there, all you need is time-for it to align, just cuz it hasn’t happened don’t mean it won’t :sweat_smile:

Your Jack will figure it out :wink: (never saw the ending til today lol)

3 Likes

Don’t ever be someone you’re not to just fit in be the person you want to be and if people don’t like it’s there problem not yours. Find something you love to do and stick with it be yourself because there’s only one you and don’t fell pressured to do something that you don’t want to do just because everyone else is doing it. I would like to share a quote ( who cares what everyone thinks all you should care about is what you think of yourself.) side note I hope that you had a nice holiday

1 Like

Thanks. Luckily I have mostly overcome this fear by now. Also, great quote.
My holiday was alright, I hope yours was nice as well :slight_smile:

It was except the part were my family was fighting

That’s horrible, what happened?

Well Paul get out he is all better but every one in my family hates him @rickvanmeijel

That sucks… Regardless I hope you’re doing okay

Yeah just tried

1 Like

Same. I had a chance to see them at the Jimmy Kimmel thing but didn’t go. I wish I could have thanked him for everything sooner. Its awful to say but I sometimes regret being a fan of his. I loved him and the band first for being so genuine. The fact that he went through so much but was still pushing forward was so inspiring to me…He passed away the day before my birthday and coincidentally near another anniversary of a loved one I lost.

Nothing meant anything after that. I relapsed into my depression, only focused on my classes, coudlnt bring myself to be creative anymore. After a family argument I had last month, I find it even more difficult than ever to keep going. Ever since I was a kid I always had problems with being happy with life. I love Chester but the last thing I needed was loosing him too. But thats not fair, my life was unstable around that time, still is but I have no idea if I can recover now. It took me forever to start looking up. I wish I knew what went wrong and why living was enough for him. Idk Im just really tired

2 Likes

My biggest regrets is not moving away to become a living in babysitter and get pay for it.

@blueforrts It’s hard, and it’s tiring, but you’re doing OK. You are focussing on one thing, and making through the day. That’s step one - surviving. Just concentrate on that for a while, get your rhythm back, and then expand your focus little by little. Don’t force yourself to be happy, or be upset cos you aren’t happy, or try and find happiness. It doesn’t really work that way. Happiness will find you when you least expect it. It’s important to recognise those times when they happen.

Don’t dwell on the whys of Chester…we’ll never know, it’s time and energy wasted. Use it instead to focus on something positive for you.

:hugs: Rest and keep writing/talking…cos that might help too!

1 Like

I bet a lot of people won’t have this one. One of my regrets are that I didn’t start listening to LP until after Chester passed. I never did listen to LP when I was a teen because I never thought I would like them. I wish now I would’ve given them a chance and found they’re music earlier in life. But that will always haunt me now. I know the way I feel about Chester and the music, but I can’t explain how much I wish I would’ve started listening to them years ago. Sometimes I even want to hate myself because of that. And the fact that I’ll never get to see LP in concert. It kills me.

4 Likes

Well on the bright side, you now have an awesome discography to check out!

4 Likes

I have few big regrets. I regret my whole life. And yes, I might be drunk right now, but I really regret it. I regret meeting some people and then making them priority in my life. Today at work someone told me - you are the priority, not the people. And this is true. When they need me i am able to stay up all night no matter what i am doing the next day i am able to change my plans and just please the people. when i need the people later i am alone. Right now i have few amazing friends i’ve met on the forum but it is still like i will drop everything to actually help others. and then i need something i am left alone.

2 Likes

Embrace it :slight_smile:
I’m the same way, i often say I have a handful of people I live for, you lose some along the way but in time one or another may join that little bunch
If that’s your lot in life then embrace it knowing you’re one of the few people that could handle that
Be proud of it and push on :slight_smile:

Ps quit drinking :rage: I’d go empty every bottle you get if I could :triumph:

2 Likes

i haven’t been drinking since new year’s eve. had two glasses of mulled wine. i am fine.

1 Like