What are you listening to this minute? Just curious

Love this album, R.I.P. Chris Cornell

3 Likes

Picked up OML today.

The mixing is still not great, the vocals are clear which is good, but since there are no real instruments throughout the majority of the album they’ve made the typical mistake of overdoing the bass, all I’m hearing for the most part is Dave (if he even played in the songs). I preferred their old style of iffy mixing.

Music-wise, to me it’s just some album, generic sounding music with decent lyrics. So far I’m only up to Invisible (I’m still listening to it) and that’s the only song I like since Mike is singing, the rest is forgettable twaddle.

Bottom line, not really worth my £10, at least it wasn’t £15 like some smaller bands charge (looking at you TFK).

EDIT: Just finished the album; the only other memorable songs are Sorry for now and OML. The only song I actually like is SFN.

1 Like

Sharp Edges for the 10000 time

1 Like

I found an old Rihannah CD (Good girl gone bad) that I used to love as kid. Now however, I see that it’s meh bar a couple of songs.

Recently I’ve been into 60ies songs, don’t ask me why. Here’s one I can’t get out of my head:

1 Like
1 Like
2 Likes
2 Likes

This is a sweet album.

3 Likes
1 Like

Let her cry - hootie and the blowfish

4 Likes

Ron Gallo - Heavy Meta
Great record, very bluesy, nice guitar work, and a good vocal performance. One of my favorite records of the year so far.

Followed the news of a suicide bomb attack in my city of Manchester, UK over the night. Such a shame :frowning: When Linkin Park play ‘One More Light’, its going to have a whole new meaning now that 22 people have died in that arena. Currently listening to ‘One More Light’ and thinking about those poor parents of those children.

1 Like

Kiss This by The Struts

Oh yes, Mike’s remix of ETS. :+1: One of the best ever!

I got myself a copy of Bring Me the Horizon’s live album Live at the Royal Albert Hall and since I am watching a live show album after a long time, I am totally enjoying it. The orchestra element is amazing!

For those interested, here is the opening song:

1 Like
2 Likes