Things we do when being bored

When I’m bored, I try to write… Sometimes it’s a pearl, sometimes it’s just total crap… But that what’s being bored is good for, to try out things you’d otherwise never think of doing… So here’s something I wrote a while back… Like it, hate it, but at least you’ll forget for a short time that you were bored :grin:

A Christmas Rhyme
We’re the new found people’s race. We thrive on fame in social space. We’re the new born kings of do pretend. Possibilities around without an end. We cure the world with a fingertip. We save the planet, click by click. We’re cool, we love a hype a day. Today it’s plastics, tomorrow’s clay.
But when we leave our sacred place
We drop the cloak to show true face
Neglect the starving on the side
We’d rather have a big fat ride

Helping them has become so old. We want silver, jewels, clothes and gold. Saving them, we’re not so bold. We want silver, jewels, clothes and gold. We’re the fucking reborn conscious minds.

The lesser ones, we leave behind. We waste away, the paper’s free. Tomorrow, pretend to save a tree. We protest click to let them in.
But once they’re here, they’ll never win. The darkened skins became our brands. But please don’t let them touch our hands.

Cause helping them became so old. We want silver, jewels, clothes and gold. And saving them, no, we’re not bold. We want silver, jewels, clothes and gold.

We save the world, we change the laws. On every day we have a cause
Climat change, electric cars. Just click away, it will stop wars. Save animals, we’re just that good. But let them starve, we’ll waste the food. Click click click for cleaner skies. But help sustain the corporate lies.

And once a year we fight the light. The darkest day oh what a sight. We ease our minds, we do our best. Cause we’re the princes of the west.

And from Santa’s day to the new years’ nights. We fill the skies with sparkling lights.
And from Santa’s day to the new years’ nights. We fill the skies with sparkling lights…

5 Likes