The beauty of an ever questioning mind

Thank you for your gift! The lyric is beautiful,I like it so much… :heart:
Merry Christmas to you too!! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

1 Like

Ewwwwwwwwwwww

1 Like

A wonderful gift :slight_smile: Nice lyrics, this song seems to be more personal than usual. Is it for the mixtape as well?

1 Like

Thanks guys, glad you liked the lyrics! And to @rickvanmeijel the lyrics are a bit personal, as Chester’s words and lyrics inspired me in so many ways that people can comprehend.

I wrote some of 1976 the next day after the Hollywood Bowl show, while I Was waiting for my flight back to NY. It was longer, but it didn’t seem to capture originally what I was originally going for. So this song, even as short as it is, took me roughly 1~ year to complete (Lyrics at least).

Thanks for the holiday wishes guys, I really appreciate it. Though I am originally a Grinch over these seasons, for personal reasons :yum:

3 Likes

Merry Christmas to you @Woco21 :christmas_tree::christmas_tree::christmas_tree::ribbon::ribbon::gift::gift::snowflake: Thanks I love this.:heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat:

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Everyone :christmas_tree::christmas_tree::christmas_tree::snowflake::cherry_blossom::white_flower::balloon::balloon::gift::gift::ribbon::ribbon::heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat: May 2019 be good to all of you:grinning::grinning::grinning:

1 Like

What happened to your profile @Woco21?

Who knows what happened @rickvanmeijel :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

But…

I will drop this right here…

Blur

9 More days guys :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

@kathy357 Thank you, wishing you all the best also :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: to what??? :thinking:

You shared blur too!!yaaaay!! :grin: nice!

1 Like

You know :see_no_evil:

It’s finished actually, just giving it some polishing touches here and there. Might cut off a song or two since its almost an hour long… again :rofl:

1 Like

Yaaaay!! :grin: :tada: :tada:
Is it just a coincidence you’re releasing almost same time than Rick? :thinking: Is it a competition? :crazy_face: jk jk :sweat_smile:

EDIT: of course you have to release! We’re in 2019! :thinking: 26/01= 6+2+1= 9;
27= 7+2 = 9 ; 2019= 2+1+9= 12= 1+2= 3; etc :crazy_face:

EDIT 2: :dizzy_face: 02-02-2019= 2+2+2+1+9= 16 :grin:

2 Likes

No February 2nd is the 33rd day of the year :joy:

3 Likes

:dizzy_face: you’re right! :laughing: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Yes, February 2nd here in the US is Groundhog Day, which is funny, I concluded that last year xD. and no, au contraire xD, I remembered yesterday that it was 9 days until I plan to release. Everything is connected :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Not planned at all but that’s actually quite funny

1 Like

Getting really close to release date… :wink:

1 Like

That is true and well, here it is:

Here is the link to Download the entire mixtape:

If you don’t want to download but would like to listen… here ya go:

On3 (MP3)

Youtube Playlist

Soundcloud Playlist

I hope you guys enjoy this as much as I did recording it. Let me know what you all think Thanks guys!

4 Likes

Yes!! Awesome! Congratulations :smiley:

Some tracks are not numbered in the Dropbox folder

That is weird lol, looks ok on my side xD, I even re-downloaded the zipfile and seems like all the tracks are numbered xD. Anyway, just wanna give a run through of the songs and the topics that I touch upon in said songs:

Times Like These: Starting off with the topic that all I really need at this moment is help and understanding, but even sometimes the thoughts are difficult to ease and let go.

Blaze of Anguish: Thank you once again @StephLP18 for the initial writing on the song and also @the_termin8r for the name of the song. The song also talks about a person wanting and needing help and a friend coming along and giving said person hope.

Our Mistakes: This song was one where It is saddening to lose someone you really loved because of differences, but being happy that it “happened”. How the connection was unique but in the end, even giving your all is not enough and it leads to a fork in the road.

1976: Started writing this song the next day after the Hollywood Bowl show. Chester was a big inspiration for me (Hence the RU samples in BoA) and I’m glad I was able to share a minute or 2 with him. It is still unbelievable what has happened, and we still miss CB dearly.

untitled: Is a change in topics to a darker tone, how darkness consumes the night, and we don’t notice all the “evil” things going on around us after midnight. How we just go with the flow, the reason/purpose we are given and never even cross ideas about the things going on around us.

cccCcc: One of the “harder” tracks that makes me point out the connection of the US government with the entertainment business. How entertainment sways and distracts citizens from the real controversies happening. Bread and Circus as I have mentioned before, how they mold and shape your mind through mass media to “keep quiet and obey”. Features a Sample of Prodigy of Mobb Deep who was very deep into topics concerning what “all this is”.

Pi: Samples from the shows Mad Men and The Twilight Zone (Original) This track mentions how consumables and many things are made to keep people feeding into the materialistic needs, but never questioning what the motives are. How little by little consumerism seems to be destroying the value we had towards celebrating holidays in other ways than gifts. How it is also enabling the people in control to gather more of it and keep pushing for the destruction of Earth.

Ra: Most of this song was written after finishing “The Ra Material”, which is a very interesting book and looks into the dual nature of reality, and how this dualism interact with each other and make one another work, and one cannot work without the other as it upsets the balance of the universe. “Showing me the way” to look at things differently and understanding the why? Ra is also a Egyptian God :stuck_out_tongue:

Symbol: Like Pi, showing that all these demons are pretty much invented to keep you at bay. Its all mental and once you learn to counter-attack and defeat those demons that endlessly torment your mind, you can see that anything is possible, that even within your imperfections, you are unique individual that is perfect, in their own way. You have the power, all it takes is the mentality and action! The MJ sample is weird, I know… but think about it :wink:

Fools Paradise: The “Filler” of the mixtape, This song talks about my “Sacrifice” of leaving my old self and “killing” the old self to become a being who has an aim, who is “no longer enslaved (mentally)” and will go at full force to reveal this to any and all who seek it.

Plus Equals Minus: The unity in disunity, the light to the dark, the air to the water. Without the “small sacrifice for the greater good”, we could possibly not have advanced to the point we are currently at. It gave way to this point in history that we live, and without understanding that these biases govern the world we live (We are still animals, even if we have consciousness). It is easy to manipulate a persons mind, if you indulge their mind with the memes you find suitable for the programming.

blur: This is one of the weirder, but favorite songs of mine. It actually talks about me jogging/running and becoming ONE with my surroundings. Opening a persons mind to live in the moment, to leave the unhealthy thoughts fade away and be ONE WITH THE MOMENT, as that is all that matter in the end, not the past or future, as the past we become stuck in mere memories, but the future we infatuate with the idea of becoming “something” but just being trapped in those “dreams” and no action can make a person become stuck in this pattern. Samples are also from The Twilight Zone.

Spanish Song: We need change, we need to love another, we need to set the differences aside and tackle the real problems. Our children are our future but they are being conditioned to technology and to conform with their surroundings.

Pi pt. 2: Includes samples of an Interview done by Prince before he passed away. How words and symbols are very important to the human being. How they can influence us and how powerful their meanings can be. Subconsciously we take in all this information, but we ourselves don’t know the value of this knowledge. Knowledge is power and if you know about it, you cannot be manipulated through it.

The Light: A BIG change of pace from the overall flow of the mixtape. The Present moment IS THE PRESENT (Gift). How life can be beautiful, how living in the moment and facing your fears can give you a different perspective of things. I faced my fears in this song by actually singing. Its a little surprise :wink: but there are more surprises as the end :stuck_out_tongue:

Thank you all once again for the support, and thank you very much @rickvanmeijel for the tips and feedback on many things. You been a great help in making this happen and hope I can help u lots also :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

@Woco21 thanks for sharing your wonderful work with us

1 Like