Thank you, Chester

No, it’s fine! Thank you for that! Anything would help, as long as it’s genuinely from the heart. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you! :slightly_smiling_face: That’s what I’m doing actually. I listen to their songs everyday, even the songs from their side-projects.
But still, there are times that I break down to tears when I listen to their songs, especially ‘Heavy’. So I decided to write this story. To let my feelings and thoughts out in this forum. Because I know that only fellow soldiers will understand.

2 Likes

Sure. It’s good. You really should find ways to express your stories… Either art, poem, songs ,etc.

Everyone are heard here… This family is for everyone. You really are gonna heal soon. :slight_smile: you will be okay

3 Likes

You’re welcome! :hugs: We can heal our hearts together…nobody can replace our Chester…but we can go on with the memories he left to us… :heartpulse:

2 Likes

Yes. We should keep him in our memory, and leave out all the rest.
I wanted to draw something Linkin Park related, but my drawing skills are not good. So I just wrote songs and poems. So far, I have written 4 songs and 2 poems since his passing. Each has its own meaning, but none of them are finished. :joy:

2 Likes

Doesn’t matter even if its worser than kid’s :wink:
Just do it…

Lol
I havent written any ballad since then, didnt got time…will write one soon.

3 Likes

Saying a song without saying the title - #204 by IronSoldier16 check It Out! @LinkinJam

1 Like

Many of us feel just like you, it will get better in time, believe me. We all are soldiers. LP will always be here for us, Chester is always here with us in their music and healing those wounds. @LinkinJam cherrish those years that are behind you, because they made you stronger.

I’m telling you this because I understand you. Because for me, my childhood was also hard. My parents got divorced when I was little and I grew up without my father. I was bullied in elementary and high school just because I was quiet and different (everybody hates math but me etc.). I was sexually harassed by a schoolmate in 4th elementary class.

During my high school my mom was years without work, we lost our house and went to live with my father. Just imagine you have your room, your bed, your world. And then everything gets thrown out the window and you’re living with two other people ((mom, brother) and a dog in one room.

Everyday there was arguing because my mother hates my father and just needs to argue with everyone around. Don’t get me wrong, I love them both, but she and my brother were so unemphatic and ignorant during those years. My brother played computer games (at loud, without headphones) every day until 3:00A.M. I couldn’t sleep. During my college I was trying to be an exceptional student, I finished with red diploma in the end. But because of lack of sleep every night, many times I couldn’t function at school and I lived just thanks to everyday coffees (drinking of which, by the way, caused me another incurable health issues that I have today).

At the top of it all I fell in love with my best friend. I never told him and endured the pain for the sake of our friendship for years. I was in constant depression. After many years he told me he’s gay. It was the end of the world for me then.

After a few years living with my father, he got so many debts (moans) that there were so many days we even had nothing to eat. But both my parents, they always had something to smoke (and cigarettes are pricey in our country). Everyday I constantly feared for my home and existence and imagined us living under a bridge in a tent. Those were the times I had suicidal thoughts.

After a few years of this hell we’ve lost even our second living and I finally moved away to a college hostel. LP helped me a lot to get through these times, without their music I wouldn’t be here anymore.

After I went to college I found many people who like same things as me and understand me better. Although they were not LP fans, they were technicians just like me and had many similar interests.

Looking back at the years, I cherrish them, because I became much stronger than before. I can endure pains that others cannot and stay calm in crazy situations. Chester’s death hit me hard, but now I know that he’ll always be here to save me when I’ll need it :slight_smile: Just like you will :heart:

We had a hard life, but I’m happy for it. Those who hadn’t, don’t know what life’s about :slight_smile: I am stronger now and you are stronger too!

Edit: Well I forgot to write that my mother is a schizofrenic. She doesn’t know and denies it, but the closest family knows too well. So it’s like I grew up with two persons. The first one: the kind, loving and carying mother whom I’ll always cherrish and love. And the second one: a paranoid, crazy, unemphatic, ignorant, selfish person who likes to virtually kick into everyone around just to make herself feel better. This person told me that I was an unwanted child and she should have gone to an abortion when she had me. This second person emerged more and more frequently over the years. 2004 and following years were the hardest and I had Meteora as a cure. I totally impersonated with Numb and Chester screamed for me everytime when I couldn’t. For that I’m eternally grateful.

2 Likes

@ironsoldier16 I looked at the topic, but can’t guess any song :joy: (except for LP of course). But I tried other games at the game center.

@mishelka3 I’m so sorry!! :sob::sob: Even though both of us had almost the same exprience as a child, I can’t even imagine how hard it must have been for you. Thank you for sharing your story. :pray: I still don’t like the experiences I had as a child. But I do recognise that if it wasn’t for it, I wouldn’t be stronger. And I’m thankful that Linkin Park saved me.

Indeed, “we learn what doesn’t kill us makes us stronger”.

2 Likes

I was talking to the draw, I did it, and as you can see it’s not good for someone of 22 years old. What I want to say is: don’t think that you draw bad, nobody do, there is just the technic that everyone use that Change.

1 Like

Indeed. My dad is trying to teach me different techniques, but I just don’t get it. But I always try. And also, I find drawing very therapeutic. I actually have a technical graphics class in school, where all we do is draw and design things. I found that I’m better than others (that’s what I think). I’m so glad that I chose that class, because I generally feel great while learning. And that is how learning should be.

1 Like

I agree with that! I try to fight against the system, but sometimes I can’t. I won’t give up until I change it, or it gets better.

2 Likes

You don’t have to be sorry, it’s just what it is, it’s behind me now :slight_smile:

So far I’ve shared it only with my husband, but it was ok I think. We are a family here :heart:

I feel the same :slight_smile:

YES :smiley:

1 Like

@ironsoldier16 And the great thing is, it’s my first class every Monday. A great way to start the day!

@mishelka3 If you tell your husband that you shared your story, tell him that it helped a young man feel better, knowing that he’s not the only one who went through the same situation. And I’m thankful that you shared your story.

2 Likes

:hugs: :heart: :pray:

you’re never alone :wink: :hugs:

1 Like

Thank you! :heart::pray:

1 Like

Hello. How’s everyone? I just want to tell y’all that I changed my username from LinkinJam to holdingupalight. Hope everyone’s doing okay.

1 Like

Helloooo! Thanks for saying it! :smile: cool change! :smile:
Yeah, I’m fine! :sun_with_face: you?hope everything’s fine to you as well… :sun_with_face:

It was inspired by a line in Nobody Can Save Me…

“I’m holding up a light
chasing out the darkness inside”

And thank you!

2 Likes

Yep… nice quote… :heart: :smile: :muscle: :wink:

Chester and LP saved me and kept me going through the last school year cause it was hell for me, going to a new school, leaving behind friends i’ve known for 10+ years, and just the fact that I was new to it. Not to mention I’ve been dealing with depression for years and that last school year i relapsed and fell right back into a real deep depression and was having suicidal thoughts and had to put on a fake smile which i really regret doing now because i know i needed help. But i thank Chester and the members of LP for making me hold on and get through that last school.