People in other countries! or speak a different language!

[quote=EvoOba][quote=Monica]come on, almost every country in the world learns english at a early age today![rolleyes] here in Norway they start learning english in 1th grad, at the age of 6, and then german from 4th grade! and after learning english at school for at least 13 years, most of us understand quite alot!
and of course we have internet these days, so you can search there for anything you want!
And alot of shows and movies are in english, so there you go [wink]
[/quote]

This exactly. The internet is a very powerful tool nowadays. Iā€™m learning Japanese online! So cool :D[/quote]

learning Japanese online! wow, sounds incredible! :smiley: Iā€™m so proud of you!

[quote=LinkinLayra][quote=EvoOba][quote=Monica]come on, almost every country in the world learns english at a early age today![rolleyes] here in Norway they start learning english in 1th grad, at the age of 6, and then german from 4th grade! and after learning english at school for at least 13 years, most of us understand quite alot!
and of course we have internet these days, so you can search there for anything you want!
[/quote]

This exactly. The internet is a very powerful tool nowadays. Iā€™m learning Japanese online! So cool :D[/quote]

learning Japanese online! wow, sounds incredible! :smiley: Iā€™m so proud of you![/quote]

LOL, thx :stuck_out_tongue: Itā€™s not that hard actually

[quote=EvoOba][quote=LinkinLayra][quote=EvoOba][quote=Monica]come on, almost every country in the world learns english at a early age today![rolleyes] here in Norway they start learning english in 1th grad, at the age of 6, and then german from 4th grade! and after learning english at school for at least 13 years, most of us understand quite alot!

Much respect to all of you who are multi lingual. I learnt french at school for 6yrs,and learnt some bahasa,ut because I havnt used those skills for so long I cant rememberuch of either! Maybe I shou[smile]ld relearn. Happy in my ignorance [smile]

Thatā€™s an interesting question because I wouldnā€™t have thought that an American or an English-native person would be curious about our feelings towards songs written in a different language than our own. In fact itā€™s only natural for you because the vast majority of the best songs we can hear on the radio, television or the internet are in English. Therefore youā€™ve got loads of advantages in comparison to us because you can understand them right from the beginning.
Our approach to English/ American songs is completely different. When we are listening to a new song either by a band weā€™ve known for a long time or by a new one to us, the first thing that usually catches our ears is the tune, the rythm and beat, the global groove of the song, and only after this first step we might be interested in reading and then understanding the lyrics, but Iā€™m quite sure that many donā€™t and keep on mumbling words which arenā€™t necessarily the right ones [rolleyes]
On the other hand, English is the worldwide-spoken language and we donā€™t have any other choice but to learn it if we want to be part of the globalization our world has been now in for years. Thereā€™s no alternative and this makes me jealous of you native speakers sometimes because youā€™ve got a great asset [wink]
Anyway itā€™s quite easy to learn English since there are many possibilities to do so. As for me for example, I left France for 3 years when I decided to go London to carry on studying there and I never lost contact with all the awesome people I had met during my stay. Thanks to the web I can keep in touch with them and through the LPU I can carry on practising because English is here the only official language from a certain point of view since itā€™s the only one which allows us to understand each other without setting some LPUers aside.
But just let me tell you one thing: youā€™re DEFINITELY lucky to have English as your mother tongue. I wished I would have had it too [cool]

Well, i am from germany and for me/us itĀ“s totally normal to listen music in the english language.I started to learn it from class 5 till 10ā€¦so approx just 5 years.
The most of the german tracks are not really interesting or fascinating.
I often use english in my business and feel there thatĀ“s much more comfortable to using English.
If i could choose which lang. should be the standart in Germany i wouldnĀ“t decide to our national language!
In the endā€¦itĀ“s a personal like and of course the globalisation!
See yaā€¦
J.

I learned start learn english in school too (IĀ“m from Germany), but I must say, I learn more english every day, because be a fan of Linkin Park. And it make lot of fun to talk to all of you, Hope my english doesnĀ“t sucks to much xD

[quote=LPfan1989][/quote]

donĀ“t worryā€¦youĀ“re english is better as their germanā€¦so what :smiley:
And the best way to learn is making mistakes ^^

[quote=Jƶrn][/quote]

YES i agree best way to learn :smiley:

Iā€™m also from Germany and had to learn english very early (when I was 5 or 6, donā€™t really remember the exact age :smiley: ) because my uncle is from England and at this time, Iā€™ve asked him to teach me a little bit. I thought it would be cooler to talk to his side of the family by my own (and my parents also liked that idea, because they no longer had to stay by my side and translate).
Then in 5th grade Iā€™ve started to learn english at school and practiced with the translation of song lyrics. I donā€™t like it when I donā€™t understand what the singer is singing. I also listen to some Japanese and Korean artists and look up the lyrics.
And then came the DVD and I was finally able to watch my favourite movies in their original language. It sounds so much better :smiley: No crappy german dubs and different voices for the same actor anymore.

And today Iā€™m happy that Iā€™ve learned English, because without it I wouldnā€™t have my actual job and I would not be able to talk to you here :slight_smile:

i have english in school since the 3rd grade and this is a reason why i can underdstand parts of the lyrics and what the lp members said since i heard lp for first time.For me there isnt a different between a german band and a american band because for me is the sound and the meaning of a song or in case of the lp members the character important.

I live in Hong Kong and it is like so far away from US. But we started to learn English in like kindergarten, so we can actually speak fluent English lol. People in here go onto the internet to search for music, so we can actually listen to foreign music very easily. Myself even watch more America TV series than Hong Kongā€™s lol like Sherlock, The Mentalist lol:)

I learn English 10 years (just for myself and also at school). Now Iā€™m 17. ā€œLeave out all the restā€ was the first song I translated from English into Russian in my mind when I was 12. Then I translated other songs. I like learning new languagesšŸ˜Š A know what happens in the USA from news on TV or on the Internet. I donā€™t belive TV news too much so I prefer the Internet. Sometimes people write what happens in their countries in this app. I fell in love with Linkin Park because their songs played on the radio in a car all the time when I was 4-7 years old (I couldnā€™t understand a single word). Now I can watch English or American movies, cartoons or tv series and, of course, listen to music in English (for example, I donā€™t like Russian songs, but I like such bands as Linkin Park, Depeche Mode, RHCP, Twenty One Pilots and Thirty Seconds to Mars). Linkin Park was the main reason why I started learning EnglishšŸ™„

Where the hell did you dig this thread up from? :joy: :joy: :joy: