"One More Light" Mega-Topic, Out Now!

I like it! I love both versions now.

So thatā€™s two unreleased songs from LP within one week:
The 1st one - a LP remix of one of the songs from Massive Attack and;
The 2nd one - the Good Goodbye demo.

1 Like

Yeah what a week! Havenā€™t heard the remix yet though. I hope this leak is a sign of an upcoming LPU CD, but Iā€™m not too optimistic about it.

I know, but this is an actual early demo. As you may hear, some sounds are mixed differently

2 Likes

Upcoming LPU CD? Oh yeah! :+1::+1::+1:

3 Likes

Would be amazing

1 Like

This is happening!! :smiley:

7 Likes

I hope I can get my hands on this vinyl. There arenā€™t any music stores around me, most, if not all, of mine were bought in a different state on vacation or online

Same problem here, I always buy online (keep an eye on amazon, they tend to put them up for pre-order for good prices, itā€™s how I got my TRT really cheap a few years ago).

1 Like

I feel like Iā€™m a little to wary of buying music online, Iā€™ve never bought a physical CD (let alone vinyl) from Amazon.

There doesnā€™t seem to be enough standards in place stopping people from selling bootleg stuff. To be fair, bootlegers would have to be working impressively fast to mimic a vinyl that is yet to be even shown off yet

1 Like

This is getting posted around today since it was posted a year ago today. Iā€™m sure most of you have already seen it before, but I felt I should share it again anyways.

One More Light is already a pretty sad song, and given the context of them performing it makes it harder to listen to, but Chesterā€™s scream at the end gives me chills every time I hear it

7 Likes

Canā€™t listen to this song anymore.

I thought this performance was hard to watch even thenā€¦but now its just another level of difficult.

3 Likes

ONE MORE LIGHT -FIRST ANNIVERSARY.-

Today itā€™s the OMLā€™s First Aniversary, is supposed to be a day to celebrate, but it seems like the history is otherā€¦

The awaiting for a new album after 3 years had finally over. We already knew the tracklist and we had heard some songs from OML.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is:

CELEBRATING ONE MORE LIGHT

Nobody Can Save Me:

I donā€™t have much to say about NCSM for now. The 2-3 times it was played in live I loved it!

Good Goodbye:
The lyrics video has a lot of interesting thing to find out.

The official video is simple, but funny to see. Also the intro is beautiful and contagious.

About the song itself: I always fall in love when Chester sings the third ā€œSo say goodbye and hit the roadā€¦ā€ (After Stormzyā€™s Verse) because the energy and the natural way in how he sings it.

Talking To Myseft:
The Stripped Down Version

There is not a full video about this performance, itā€™s a mix of emotions listen to this song.

Audio Only:

The song itselft is my second favorite of all the album.

Official Video:

Just a few hours before Chesterā€™s passed away this video had seen the lightā€¦ Itā€™s a painful memory for meā€¦ Itā€™s hard to explain how this video has become in like a double-edge weaponā€¦ There are days where Iā€™m happy listening to and otherā€¦ itā€™sā€¦ you just want to forget July 20ā€¦

ā€¦Iā€™m just talking to myselfā€¦

Battle Symphony:
With an ā€œurban styleā€ BS has the particularity to fail in its intro when itā€™s played live, and one of the most powerful bridges Iā€™ve heard in all the album.

Invisible:

Very touchful the lyrics if you are a father/mother or as a song/daughter understand the hard work that this duty representsā€¦ The ohh of Chester can tear you down when you pay attention to it.

Heavy:
The first try of OML had come to us

The video shows us a Chester fighting against his demonsā€¦ And beyond the good or bad the song can be, this video can be understood in different levels.

Sorry For Now:
My second less favorite song of all, tbh. In live is fun to listen to (see the live version of Mike) even though I like the lyrics.

Half Way Right:
No my favorite, simply I donā€™t connect with this song.

One More Light:
And here is when everything turns into the core of a mix of emotions that you just donā€™t know how to explain or if give them a nameā€¦

One More Light means more that I can expressā€¦

Since this video appeared I downloaded almost immediately, every night I was trying to understand the lyrics and sing alongā€¦

It became my favorite songā€¦ The life debut now is likeā€¦ I donā€™t know what I feel, I just know that Iā€¦ Chesterā€¦ I donā€™t knowā€¦

I made a type of promise with the official video:

When I were down and feeing me alone Iā€™d listen to OML and Iā€™d smile to the memory of Chester, for him, for all you, for my family and for meā€¦

OML is a vortex of pain, memories, fun, pride, etc. Each live version is different, the most heartbreaking point is the ā€œI doā€ in the second part of the bridge.

Berlin

Italy

An edited version: (You can skip to 6:32)

The last show

ā€¦ Chester, brotherā€¦ whenever you areā€¦ we keep missing you and, at the same time, making you proudā€¦

In Honor of Chris:

It seems that the original video has been deleted or removed somewhere :confused:

ā€œIf they say who cares if one more light goes out? ā€¦ Well, we fucking do!!!ā€
Damn it! ā€¦ Why? ā€¦ Oh Chester, help me to smile againā€¦

Sharp Edges:
This is one of these song that you donā€™t expect and you can say ā€œthis song doesnā€™t belong hereā€ the first time, but when you listen to again you release this one is the best way to close the album.

I know I said this post is for celebrate the first anniversaryā€¦ But I guessā€¦ If we want to celebrate itā€¦ we should let go away all our sadness and bad feelingsā€¦

I canā€™t say ā€œHappy first year,ā€ just ā€œ1 year of OMLā€ā€¦

11 Likes

ItĀ“s painiful anniversaryā€¦ itĀ“s one of my absolute favorit albums. But my heart breaks everytime i listen to it!
But i love it!

1 Like

I remember being on spotify with my headphones.To listen the album in its correct orderā€¦To feel their feelingsā€¦ I was proud.
I still have the same feeling for these songs( I still donā€™t like heavy) ā€¦
This is the album that I defended more than any other , I had my first online fight on facebookā€¦I still donā€™t regret fighting for itā€¦
I cannot listen to one more light and I am sorry for keeping the views of the video low, it is so f***** hardā€¦ It was hard even when they played it live, I remember crying for my ā€œlightsā€ā€¦

There is no reason or meaning for this postā€¦ Just taking my thoughts out,to people who would understand

5 Likes

The month One More Light released was one of the crappiest months for me. The day it released I told myself that for one day, I would just take a break from all that has been happening in life, go to the store, get the CD and listen to it. I did just that. Woke up much earlier than usual, waited for the store to open, went out, got it and listened to it- no distractions. I was so happy that day. All the crap was just forgotten during that time.

With much love, Happy Anniversary One More Light.

7 Likes

Happy anniversary One More Light! :heart::heart:

1 Like

Wow great post! Gonna listen to the album again today :tada:

Edit: listening now

20180519_153409

5 Likes

Been listening all Day now! I really love OML

1 Like

Happy birthday, One More Light!

For whatever reason, this video got deleted despite being uploaded by Jimmy Kimmelā€™s official account. What a shame

2 Likes

I hated this album before it was even released. I absolutely loathed everything and didnā€™t want to listen to it. A year later, it has grown on me a lot and I find it hard to listen to for obvious reasons. I canā€™t say itā€™s one of my favourites but it definitely is (and always will be) a special one.

4 Likes