Start: Tue 05/09/17 10:00 am PDT
End: Thu 05/11/17 10:00 pm PDT

Linkin Park VIP Presale
Start: Wed 05/10/17 10:00 am PDT
End: Thu 05/11/17 10:00 pm PDT

Linkin Park Verified Fan VIP Presale
Start: Tue 05/09/17 10:00 am PDT
End: Wed 05/10/17 09:59 am PDT

Assuming VIP is LPU, verified fans ARE getting priority. A whole day.

1 Like

That isn’t what the website originally showed, silverlighted. When the contest began, and until it ended, that same page showed a very different breakdown, with Group 1 presale beginning at 9 AM and LPU presale beginning at 10 AM. They changed it after the contest ended.

VIP is more likely VIP ticket packages. These Verified Fan presales include them often. A similar contest was just run for Depeche Mode, and those shows included VIP ticket packages which had their own category and on-sale times.

I know you were talking about the 9am switcheroo, but if VIP were LPU, then your concerns about your losing your advantage doesn’t make sense.

BUT, as your example indicates, if VIP is…VIP, lol, then yeah, I see your concern. This whole thing actually got me massively confused (hell, I didn’t even realize we were meant to “preregister” until like days after we got that email XP).

So I guess the question is, well you’ve asked it already

Is there anything that indicates if being LPU does anything at all? (other than boost your verified fan status of course).
Cause we all got special links, and we’re gonna get codes to buy the tickets tomorrow/this morning. I would assume if you hadn’t preregistered, you can’t get into the system. I hope anyways. 0.0 Anywho, good luck, we got like less than 8 hours until we see what happens.

Yes, I have experienced same issues. My spot changed after 5:00 PMT. I was #5 in Charlotte, NC at 5:00 PMT and after rechecking again at 8:00 PMT I slipped to #6 and then placed in #4. I emailed Strobe Labs late yesterday about not receiving code. I was told “hold tight we are very busy and will send out later today”. I received the same email from Saturday last night at 9:23 PMT. Finally 51 minutes ago I received a link with code. However, it says tickets can be purchased at 1:00 pm, this is same time as everyone else with a presale code from LPU. I wasted my time, energy, and money to have an hour advantage over regular presale. I am disappointed and will not participate in Strobe Labs or #verified Ticketmaster contests. I was better served by LPU membership. LPU members should be warned against these contests with Strobe Labs and Ticketmaster.
I’m sorry to say we have been dooped.

3 Likes

It appears my fears have been realized: http://www.ticketmaster.com/promo/48ovkh?ac_link=ntm_LinkinPark2017_merchslot_vip

In the case of my venue, with no pit, I would have to buy a front-row VIP ticket package to get the best seat in the house, rendering all the effort I just put into that contest as completely useless.

I’m devastated.

1 Like

I’m very sorry! I think most fans are feeling same way and are in same boats. Good luck!

Not to add fuel to the fire, and I know not everyone uses twitter but:

Pretty sure the “Lpu first” thing is a bit false lol

Technically we were first, just first with other as well, lol.

New LPU member here. I reached #2 for my city; how/when do I receive information on meeting them?

I made a thread for that very question. Seems like no one really knows.

Didn’t they say on another thread that we would be hearing from them in the coming days?

:frowning: well at least you still have the best seats aside from those, sorry dude

Also, meant to send this days ago but…new user restrictions on commenting 0.0

Yeah, but that could mean anything tbh. They’re being pretty vague.

True, well they said in the coming days. It’s still so nerve racking waiting to hear lol.

Yes, this is it exactly as far as how LPU counted.

Strobe doesn’t handle the meet and greet. The band gets your info then emails you regarding it. That’s how it was handled for the DM winners, I understand. I was, alas, not a winner there either.

Ugh the struggle is so real !!! We bought Pit tickets in which case I don’t mind losing my spot near barracaid as long as the I get to meet them and sign a Cd #Lifegoals

I’m sure that to LP and DM the Strobe presale looked great on paper.
Ticketmaster had an extremely difficult time managing the presale for DM. It was admittedly partly their fault as far as how poorly the presale worked there. Several people had difficulty getting Ticketmaster to load at all once they put in their code. The groups also seemed to mesh together oddly for certain cities rather than letting in new people every half hour as was supposed to happen.
From my understanding of it, if an LPU member didn’t at least verify then they didn’t get a code at all. I may be wrong but I’m sure there are people who are technically still active who won’t be seeing the band or who no longer participate in LP fandom at all. People drop off here and there, move, die, etc. Therefore, to solidify any spot at all, I believe that you had to verify. How many people were in each group was determined by how many people were registered for that show. It broke down to percentages.
I hit the same wall with the pricing for the DM shows: very, very, very few got normally priced decent seats. Almost everything available was several hundred dollars (without meet and greets). So not only did most of group one, let alone the other groups, get really screwed with the DM presale. People are still bitter.
There were murmurings about a class action lawsuit from DM fans. I doubt anyone will actually do it.
Regarding having to buy a VIP ticket. . . yeah, that looks like almost the only was to get a good seat for this or DM’s tour. However, when you’re contacted by LP for the Strobe meet and greet, if you purchased one with your ticket then I’d ask them about gifting the Strobe one to the next person in line. Then they can bump #3’s prize to #6. Unless they’d let you “gift” it to someone else entirely like someone you’re going with. It’s possible that they wouldn’t do this in case someone would “sell” their win.
Regarding these prices, I honestly feel that you should be able to get a seat at face value and then if you want to separately purchase a VIP to go with that seat then you should be able to do that. However, this current pricing does force people who want good seats into shelling out a lot of money if they’re adamant on getting the very best seat.