iTunes vs Compact Discs

I normally only buy CD’s if I like more than 5 tracks on the album - if I only like 1-4 tracks, I will buy the individual tracks I like on the album, on iTunes.

But I always pre-order CD’s from my favorite bands - like Linkin Park - even before I’ve listened to the album. It just feels more real to have the CD, the songs, in your own hands, if you know what I mean?

well, i do both. when I really like an artist like Linkin Park I always buy the music as a CD in stores. When i just like one song of someone or so, i usually use iTunes because it’s so much faster (; But mostly i don’t buy albums on iTunes but buy it as CD^^

100% harddisks… but they’re more expensive or hard to find sometimes :confused:

Usually just iTunes. All though I did buy a physical copy of ATS.

I think the compact disc it’s better

Pretty much this.

Except I’ve only ~525 from the last 8 years >.

Pretty much this.

Except I’ve only ~525 from the last 8 years >.[/quote]

This.
I hate the fact that everything goes digital…
I wanna see and be able to…touch my CD’s xD

CD, period.

Also, I’ve bought mp3s and such online in the past, then bought a new PC. I can’t download the song again, even though I’ve paid for it. Madness.

CD + Audiograbber ftw!
If i accidentaly delete a song I just push the CD into computer and click ‘rip’, any quality I want ^^

In my home country CDs are so expensive compared to average salary that 95% people just download them illegaly, saying ‘I deserve it, and bands are earning loads of money on naive people like you’ -_-
Having the disk physically gives me so much pleasure I can’t resist buying them :slight_smile:

I still dont get it why people would buy from Itunes, but who am i to tell. And i guess buying from Itunes is better than downloading somewhere else. But i prefer the CD. Nothing is more sensational than playing the CD while reading the booklet and smell the scent of fresh booklet

I use to be a cd person, just incase i lost everything i have on my computer, plus it was something you could hand down and not have it be a digital file. Since switching to all Apple I’m an itunes person. That or, dare I say, use pirated music.

[quote=J_Callahan]I use to be a cd person, just incase i lost everything i have on my computer, plus it was something you could hand down and not have it be a digital file. Since switching to all Apple I’m an itunes person. That or, dare I say, use pirated music.

Actually, the later versions of iTunes have a feature that allows you to re-download purchased songs.

CDs. I absolutely hate downloading music from iTunes. I like collecting CDs and having a hard copy of something instead of just a digital almost “fake” copy to me.

I do both. Actually, I would usually buy songs on itunes first and if I really like those songs and albums then I would buy it in CD format.

CD!! its like physical evidence of your fave band!!

im on compact disc side XD
because Indonesian cant download music from iTunes :frowning:

yep, totally right!

I prefer cds because of being able to actually have it in my possession. I also think the artwork has more to it when it comes with a cd, not a digital booklet. but its tough because a lot of the cds I’ve recently attempted to go buy aren’t in stores because its not on a Top 40 in my area so I’ve had to buy from iTunes. when I personally decide on a cd, I try and go to the store same day to buy it, so if none of the stores around me carry it, then iTunes it has to be. Cds definitely hold more value to me though.