How are Meet and Greets with LP?

I “won” a meet & greet for the Nashville show Saturday. As I was reading through the instructions it mentioned “checking in”. Was just curious if anyone could comment on how early that would be in the day. Is it when doors open, or sooner? I have to allow about 3.5 hours travel time. Thanks! So excited :)!

@Abbylab You will receive an email the day of show or the night before with specific instructions about where to go for the m&g and what time. LPU staff will be there to check you in and lead you backstage to the m&g area. “Checking in” is basically checking everyone’s confirmation mails and IDs. It takes about 15min (depending on how many people are in attendance).

Thanks to all of you for your answers. I can imagine it very well. :relaxed:

1 Like

Thanks @evooba! Now just to figure out what to say to them, and what to get signed!!! I would love to get Chester to sign my Ink magazine where he is on the cover. But then I would violate the “no more than one item” rule because it would be a little odd to have the other guys sign Chester’s body ;)! Ah, decisions decisions!

A very difficult decision, @Abbylab. :grinning:

@Abbylab Well, I’ve seen other people do it, like have an FM album for Mike to sign… but depends on the security that day I imagine.
At my m&g Joe came out like 10min before the rest of the guys arrived and he literally signed whatever everyone offered, he was going around us like everywhere lol. But we weren’t allowed to take any pictures at all (not talking about just selfies) cause there were minors around and security was tight.

M&G is the best thing ever.
My boy managed to get us tickets for the 24th November at the O2 London, which was the “extra” show added to the tour and the last of the Europe leg.
There is a “minder” (Ours was Justin) that will brief you on all the “cans and cannots” - we were told that taking your own picture being a big no no, however some did get selfies as they asked individual members if OK.
The atmosphere is so relaxed, although the closer you get to meeting the band the higher the adrenaline rush becomes astronomical…
When the band enters the room you have to pinch yourself.
If you check out M&G pics on site you will see there is a team photo and then several of each band member as they move along the line signing your item. This ensures that you won’t miss out getting autographs.
We had a great chat with Chester, and he was amazed that a father and son were such great fans and this ultimately resulted in Chester calling us up on stage when fans were asked to join the band for the last song.
Not only do they make such awesome music, but the are so chilled and great guys.
All in all, M&G is awesome.
Hoping that at some point we will get to go to a Summit.
Cheers
Graham

1 Like

Try to get there with some time to spare.
We waited for what seemed to be an eternity to actually get into the private lounge, but the build up made it even better, treasure every moment and enjoy yourself :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
Cheers
Graham

We always get to shows many hours early to be in front of early entry. This is out first M&G . Will we be further back in line now??? I’m guessing this is the trade off for meeting them.

@Abbylab I won a meet and greet for Nashville as well. I’m kind of nervous but excited at the same time :smile:

@ElaineNC It depends. I’ve heard people say they had to push themselves to the front again after the m&g was over. At my m&g we were lead by security to the front of the stage but I guess that happened because the pit was reserved for the LPU members only at my show.

evooba …glad it was you that responded…my daughter (who goes to all the LP shows with me) and I were in Greece last June. Our fave place was Delphi …not wait -the islands…it was all too much to take in

1 Like

@ElaineNC Oh how nice!! I’m glad you liked it :slight_smile:

I was lucky enough to be selected for the M&G in Orlando last Thursday. Up to now I still can’t believe what just happened… a totally surreal experience! And to think that was my first ever Linkin Park concert! I am originally from the Philippines (been here in the US for 2 years now) and I told Chester and Mike that I know they’ve been there twice already, but both times I missed it. They both shook my hand and told me to enjoy and that they’re glad I was there. Words can’t even start to describe what I felt that night! I’ve been a fan since Hybrid Theory and I never thought that my almost 15 years of being a fan will lead to this experience! I’ll cherish this one forever!

1 Like

I got this signed by all the members at the meet and greet… Did anyone else get some items signed? Chester autograph looks way different then what Ive seen in the past.

Does anyone else’s look like this? Top right.

2 Likes

@Jessie_Singca Did Chester already have the broken ankle when you met him?

My Chester siggy is like that too, just a bit sloppier lol

Looks like Chester is signing “Chaz” now

I’ve never seen him sign like that… Have you? I even got a guitar plate signed the same day it that looks like his normal signature.

Can you post a picture of it?