Shoes and other favorite things

Can somebody please explain the hype behind converse shoes? I’ve tried them and they’re not comfortable, I’ve seen them leak dye when they get wet and from what I can tell they’re overpriced jumped up plimsolls.

I forgot to mention before that I used to have Bugatti shoes. I got them the first time I went to Germany a couple of years ago. And no Bugatti the shoe company has nothing to do with the car company.

I have these shoes:

Vans ISO 1.5

Love them. So comfortable. They also look cool.

Vans Sk8-Hi MTE

I’m going to buy Vans Old Skool:

I want:

• Vans Old Skool - white and black
  • Nike Roshe Run - all black and grey/speckled/geometric pack

Wow I’ve fucked up something with these photos, I’ll try to upload them one more time
Edit: Fixed

@the_termin8r1 It’s up to each person I guess. I’ve worn mine in rain and snow and my feet never got wet. They’re just cool, going-with-everything type of shoes. Lots of types and designs and whatever to choose from.
Not suitable for sports though, I actually wonder how in hell they played basketball in these back in the day.

@xTirea the MTE high tops are great, I love that collection. Not a fan of athletic looking shoes, I’ll stick with the skate versions of these lol.

For me, they are relatively cheap than my other casual shoes. Also, generally they are the only ones that are available at my shoe size (11) on a regular shopping day, else I end up putting requests at the stores and wait until they revert in a week or so.

I want foot shaped shoes kinda like theses

http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/fun107.com/files/2013/05/feet_sneakers.png

Toe protection is non existent though.

My ultimate shoes would look like that (in terms of shape) and will have carbon fibre toe tips with carbon fibre arch vertebrae within the neoprene itself over the top of the foot and then more carbon fibre behind the heel. And finally for the sake of maintaining even wear on the soles I would have a carbon fibre rim around the outside of the sole.

2 Likes

1 Like

I also remember owning these dark blue Timberland boots with orange laces.

http://45cbdc2e5189dd494824-83f706f0765322dd145804dd8f5281f5.r97.cf3.rackcdn.com/timberland_euro_sprint_navy--bleu_mens_footwear_boo_1307024078541715_350x350.jpg

This is the only pic I could find

I feel myself so inviteed to join this Topic, normaally i am kind of “lady” that likes to wear higher shoes kinda this
http://www.spohr.eu/images/articles/s_Oliver_aktueller_Stiefel_black_graphite-1633265_0_5.jpg
that what fits with me, bu the sneakers coll you showed is so comfort looking… the others I wear right now, are comf. also, but really I miss a pair of real cool sneakers, lol

1 Like

Those look intimidating lol. I think Joe has a pair actually and I was like WTF when I saw it.

I’ve seen a guy walking around with these when I was out camping a few years ago. Couldn’t help but ask where the heck he got them from and if they were at all comfortable. He swears by them. But it’s basiclaly like walking around in slippers… :confused:

@the_termin8r1 I actually find converse comfortable to wear and compared to other shoes I’ve owned, they still look neat even when they are worn out. But that’s just a matter of taste, I guess.

And WOW you guys I just LOVE LOVE all the sneakers posted here! Like OMG too awesome :smiley:

@The_early_walker I LOVE those boots! Very nice!!

Hi @gatsie, have a lil time together? this ev?

Hi dear! How is life? I’m eyeing these cute ankle boots at the moment, I’m not sure which I should choose . [I don’t want to buy all 3 because… Too many shoes already :slight_smile: ]

Maybe you can help me decide which of these 3 I should go for?

1 Like

for me the first line right, bt, really you knew already?! I´ve given myself aglas of the deepest red wine I´ve in the house, while listening to " the messanger" lol, love chestr emotionally, nice topic growing here btw lol :sunglasses:

Lucky you with the wine there! I am all out of wine! But am making some cookies because I am about to watch X Files the Movie. The movie, it wil start in 30 minutes.

Shoes is always a good topic, isnt it :stuck_out_tongue:

Those 'Women’s Footwear" , I never had and never wore. Sometime I’m jealous of women that wear High Heels, Flat Shoe, or Wedges etc. My problem is, my feet are big enough for a woman/ a girl :laughing:

It’s hard for me to find women’s footwear that fit with my size. that’s why I love sneakers. Hahaha

@Edja_Hanafiah
Wow that must be frustrating! What shoe size do you have that you have trouble finding shoes that fit?

When I was in my early teens I always thought walking on high heels was not for me. But then I learned walking on them due to circumstances I won’t bore you with. I now actually prefer high heels sometimes…

Especially these, they are my favorite pair and that’s why they are a bit worn out now but I do almost everything on them:

1 Like

Mine is 10-11 (depends on brand). It’s big enough for Indonesian. When I moved to L.A I guess I could find high heels or something, but I was so scared to wear. I’m wondering my BF and friends, laughing at me. Hahaha

wow, that’s cool! How high those are?
I think I have to learn how to wear High Heels. Hahaha

My heels are 9 cm high. I’m a giant in them but I don’t care :smiley: :blush:

Wow, size 10/11 is indeed pretty big yes! I’m part Indonesian and heard from friends and relatives that when looking for shoes in Indonesia, finding any under size 6 for women is quite tricky. [I have size 6 btw]. But I did find this site that offers heels in size 11:

Everyone can learn to walk on high heels :slightly_smiling: You could always start with wedges. Much easier to walk on and… omg I just googled these and I’m in love I think:

Wow you guys. I admire women who can walk (walk walk, not pretend and be like idiots) on heels. I’ve never tried and I don’t want to either but I can tell you for sure that “girly” shoes or whatever do not look good on me at all. Like, when I am forced to wear some I absolutely hate myself. I just wish people understood that not every piece of wear is suitable for everyone.

Also, when we’re done with shoes, I will post those guitars. Not doing so now cause it’s gonna be a mess lol.