LPU XV - What do you expect/want to see

I stated that the same at the latest survey. And I’m happy, that this not my single opinion.

Before the union, the LPU forum wasn’t already too busy, but know it is not dead! I think one of the main reasons for this „dying" is, that we simply just don’t have a reason to login to the LPU. We joined the club to belong to „inner circle“ right? We are seriously interested in that band. We wanna get the newest infos, pics, rumors etc. But were do we get this? Unfortunately not at the LPU! Instead we get this on Twitter, Facebook & co. or other fan sites. And we get those infos at the same time, like any other fan or net user at all. LPU members don’t have an advantage. The very big LPU benefits like early entry, m&g and band chats are really awesome. But I think just a minority of us has ever used this bonuses. And these big points are not deciding for building a community or holding it together. It’s more important to make the members feel to be part of the milieu of the band.

So, this is what I would like to have in LPU XV:

• Separate the LPU part from the LP website.
  • Spread LP infos, videos etc. on LPU.
  • Also spread exclusive infos there before you do this on other media. At least from time to time.
  • Get a few reliable LPU veterans to be involved. I think there should be some competent fans, who are willing to help. You could talk to them before changing a forum platform, or the web design, announcing a band chat or whatever and see if they have an improvement proposal.
  • Concerning the package: I like the modular design and the possibility to chose, if I want to order my 11th water bottle together with my 6th wristband or if I’am fine with a digital membership. Once we had free worldwide shipping. That was cool. And for the CD: I would like to have some live recordings or even better a DVD with some live stuff.
1 Like

I see your point and I agree but the last few years the LPU is all about the m&gs and the summits. Everyone joins just to have those opportunities since everything else is not exclusive. That though is not LPU’s fault if you really think about it. If certain people simply stopped uploading every single video or photo or whatever on social media for everyone to see then we could talk about stuff being exclusive. Unfortunately I don’t think anything can be done about this.

I’d love the idea of getting members more involved. Just changing the mods for example would be amazing since, let’s face it, none are really active anymore.

You’re certainly right, and I see it to naive. It is just my wishful thinking :blush:

The thing that sucks the most about the forums being dead (other parts of the site, too, but some parts are LPU only) is that fansite forums have more activity than here. That is a BIG problem. Not saying that LPLive or Association are bad places, but it’s not good that they are more active than the official site

I think it really is important to ask the community before making big changes to the website. I was looking through some people’s Facebook pictures recently (references for something I’ve been working on lately, not being a stalker :stuck_out_tongue: ) and I came across one talking about the transition to LPUX and the loss of the LPU9 features. A lot of people were really upset they were losing the forums and chat. There’s even a video on YouTube of a ton of people sitting in chat during the last hours of LPU9 not wanting to close the chat, and now no one even goes there.

It is really sad that the fansites are more active, it should be the other way around. Even the old linkinpark.com (LPN under sparkart) was damn active but then they switched to ground(ctrl) (aka WonderfulUnion).

I remember how frustrated I was when they said X wasn’t going to have a site, no package etc. That went so bad they decided to somehow “save” it by sending everyone a package for free. It was one of the worst LPU years to be honest.

@TripleXero I used to be active in the chat back then so I totally see what you mean. They really need to look into this and find solutions, or ask the members for advice. Some people may have pretty good ideas.

In my oppinion @Shoegaze4u is right in much points, the sense of the LPU for me is to be part in a community, the songs of LP are talking about, that was even my point to join in, if I get the messages from the lyrics right it´s all about reality and how it´s menat to be, and that should be the base for our LPU. But what I´ve found was a melting pod of every kind of people, cause the music arrives at touches so many diff. kind of people, from the teenie-groupy to the expertising members, which knew the whole thing from the beginnin, the bigger LP became, and in mo they become so big cause they arrived at peoples heart, including the livestyle and be part of the whole thing “to make the world a better place” So sometimes solutions aren´t so simple, sometimes…

1 Like

I think that everyone here has a point of view that I agree…
I totally agree with @Shoegaze4u when you say that we joined LPU to belong to a inner circle, to get information first and etc. At least, that was my proposal too. And principally to get a opportunity to meet the band on a m&g. But like you said, with all this social media that we have now, we get the infos at the same time as others fans. But it happens not only because of fans that share “privileged information”.But because the band members themselves use a lot this socials medias, specially Mike, he is always posting in instagram and twitter. But I guess this would be another topic of discussion. Hahahaha
So, back to what this topic is about… I agree with @evooba. I want a separate sites again. It’s a mess! It’s confusing! I didn’t get used to it.
And of course I agree with the band chats!! Although the band chats are always at a bad time for me. I’m always at work, and I cant participate.
For the package… well, I’m a LPU member only for 3 years, so I don’t have any flags or bandannas or scarfs. It would be great gifts to win. Key chains and guitar picks, I received a lot, I already have repeated items.
I don’t have problems with black and grey t-shirts, but some color would be nice too.
Liked the idea of the mug, but I’m not sure about the cost of it, the packages membership are already too expensive. And as someone said, it’s cool that they added more options for the packages. (although I’ll always pic the full package. :grinning:

1 Like

I still would appreciate a music-chatroom inside here,we´re, it´s all comming together by LP music, so a music-chatroom may in my opp. indispensable and very funny, to get known new music, sharing, chatting while listening, just be nice :yum:

@Taissa_Cartolano Yeah, not sure about the cost either. There are many things they can include in the packages but I’m sure no one is willing to pay more than they already are (which is indeed a lot).

@The_early_walker They tried that, in a sense at least, with LPU radio. Didn’t work. The site is dead so that’s one thing, and there’s a chat already. No one goes in there anymore though, when they did it was just pure chaos lol

what was the prob with the tiny chat?

People just stopped going in there, it was just dead after X. (plus, the guys stopped showing up for chats… well, Mike lol)

and it was never used only for us soldiers to comunicate 1:1 or so?

It was. Whoever wanted could go in, you still can actually. Let’s just say it’s abandoned.

It’s been buggy in the past, but currently, nothing really. It just lacks soul kind of. The old chat didn’t really run any better than Tinychat one, but it looked nice and was customized to look like LPU

Also, the chat never really evolved with the times. As time went on, sites like Facebook and Twitter became more popular and it made the LPU chat less necessary. Tinychat even had an app, but LPU’s chat was disabled on it because you could get on without an account.

Band chat’s were really the only motivation for most, and once that moved sites, it was basically the final nail in the coffin. If we could somehow get a plug.dj like site officially made for LPU with more features than a basic chat on any social media site ever now, I think it could get popular again.

There’s also the fact that the band (Mike, at least) used to visit the chat (and forum) unannounced, which doesn’t happen anymore, either.

ok but really I think I didn´t get the point, why, however, it´s dead, there was one time An van Oppens in, but that was te only I met for a year… :flushed:

An seems to be in there a lot, but she never talks

Basically for all the reasons Jordan said. No one goes (or went) in there just for fun. It became just a platform to hold the band chats, but those were moved to VYRT.

I so wish Mike was active again, though I’ve caught him lurking in here a few times recently.

that was my exp. too…

really? how does ya get it?

You can see when someone was last active.